Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My kind of Christmas

Everyone asks me if I celebrate Christmas. I always say no, but I just realized that I do have the Christmas tree, it is decorated just like the rest of the house, I have full closet of gifts for Sophia and I even went out for a Christmas dinner to my friend's house, so can I really say that I wasn't celebrating it? 

But I love The New Year celebration so much better. The anticipation, the feeling of something new, cooking, champagne, ... I love it all. 

We always had a real tree when I was little. I will never settle for a fake one. My mom and my dad collected vintage tree ornaments their whole life and my mom gave them all to me when my dad passed away. Now every year I decorate my tree and it brings so many joyful moments... This year it's even more special, because for the first time I decorated it with Sophia, last year she was just a month old, she didn't care. I am so blessed to share this magic with her! 


Here are my special ornaments 





and the Grandfather Frost :


Another update coming on the January 1st - with all Sophia's presents under the tree
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year All!!! 



2 comments: